Friday, November 18, 2011

Best of 2011 Volume 1 - Mitochondrion - Parasignosis



Photobucket





From: Canada
Year: 2011
Genre: Blackened Death Metal

So since I only post every other day, for the most part, and I don’t feel like doing one HUGE post, I’ve decided to start posting my favorite albums of 2011, one post at a time, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, starting now. I’m gonna try to keep it to the heavier stuff but one or two random albums might pop in there. Also if an album I love has already been posted on here, I’m just gonna post it again cus obviously I feel that it deserves the attention. So here goes……

A hypothetical: The moon reflects the suns fading light upon the earth. Deep within the forest, a group of black robed men stand in a circle, invoking the power of Satan. They pass a silver goblet around the circle, which contains liquid LSD. After ingesting the sacred elixir, one of them approaches a radio they have set beside the circle and hits play. The abstract madness of Portal’s Swarth comes blasting through the speakers. After contemplating cosmic destruction and witnessing the birth and death of the universe on the back of their eyelids, members of Incantation and Morbid Angel head home to jam. This album is what I think the resulting jam session might sound like.

Buy it here.


Photobucket

No comments: