Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Best of 2011 Volume 6 - Owen Hart - Earth Control



Photobucket





From: USA
Year: 2011
Genre: Grindcore, Blackened Death Metal, Hardcore

Deathgrindfreak did such a great job this year keeping up with all the quality releases that its become a daunting task for me to find albums that I loved not posted on here. I know I said I’d just repost (not that anyone reads or cares about this shit) but it just seems pointless. Anyway I found one. Some of you might be familiar with Owen Hart from their inclusion on the This Comp Kills Fascists Vol. 2 release. I love my metal hybridized and Owen Hart do it about as good as anyone. If taking Slayer, Converge, Carcass, Carpathian Forest and Today is the Day, throwing them in a pile, pissing gasoline all over them and setting a match to the mix doesn’t sound like your idea of fun then you suck, cus that’s exactly what they do. And they do it with such pissed off conviction and ease that it’s near impossible to categorize. One minute I wanna say it’s a grind or death metal album and then it shifts gears and becomes something else. The one thing that never changes is the sheer intensity that these guys exude, which is counterbalanced by the dark humor in the song titles. Just listen to it for yourself. You can get a copy over at Vitriol Records.


Photobucket

No comments: