Monday, December 10, 2012

Ævangelist - De Masticatione Mortuorum in Tumulis


Photobucket

From: USA
Year: 2012
Genre: Black/Death Metal

I haven't been seeing much about this album on the internet lately and its a shame. If you (like me) loved the releases by Antediluvian and Mitochondrion last year, you do not wanna miss out on this. Unlike a lot of bands performing within this sub genre, they rely just as heavily on riffs as atmosphere (most of which exists as a backdrop of moaning, tortured screams and an ethereal choir from the depths of hell), balancing the two to create a swirling vortex of horror and madness that claws its way into the most primitive parts of your brain, destroying every vestige of sanity and hope which will haunt your dreams and leave your soul disfigured and begging for solace. Seriously, if you enjoy the aforementioned bands as well as Vasaeleth, Portal or Impetuous Ritual, you need to get a copy from I,Voidhanger. I mean, fuck, just look at that cover!!!

Photobucket


2 comments:

Chris DAlessandro said...

I really should check this out, I've stumbled on a couple year end lists with it. Pretty fucking overwhelmed with everything else I've yet to give full attention though!

VALIS said...

Don't sleep on it. It's gonna be very high on my year end list as well