Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ghostlimb - Confluence


Photobucket

From: USA
Year: 2012
Genre: Hardcore

I grew up listening to hardcore in the early 90’s. Bands like Burn, Vision, Eye for an Eye, Turning Point, etc. But as the decade progressed I felt myself moving away from hardcore as the sound moved from originality and good songwriting and seemed to be more about e-chord chugging and tough–guy posturing. Or maybe that was just my skewed perception. In any case once in awhile I come across a band that revitalizes my love of hardcore. Ghostlimb are one of those bands. Scathing and incredibly thrashy they utilize melody and constant time changes (especially on track 8-Control, which has some really cool tempo shifts)and make use of most every card in the hardcore deck while being aggressive enough to satisfy those of you that just want to go to a show and rip someones head off and diverse enough to satisfy pricks like me that get bored easily, their sound is anything but one-dimensional. And with their incredible cover of Southeast First by Hot Water Music how can you go wrong? Pre-order a copy from Vitriol Records.

Photobucket


No comments: